Andrea Waggoner the main character from First Date opens her own bakery. In chapter one while pondering her life she makes a batch of pumpkin muffins. The following is Andrea’s recipe. They’re delicious.
Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 ½ cups of all purpose flour 1 cup brown sugar
½ cup rolled oats 1 cup white sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice 2/3 cups coconut oil
2 tsp baking soda 3 eggs
1 tsp baking power 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
½ c brown sugar
4 tbsp butter softened
3 tbsp oats
5 tbsp flour
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a small bowl combine the first 5 ingredients.
2. In a medium bowl combine the next five ingredients- blend well.
3. Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into a prepared muffin tin. (makes 24 muffins)
5. Make the topping. Combine the butter and brown sugar. Add in the oats and flour using a fork until crumbly.
6. Sprinkle the topping on the muffins.
7. Bake in preheated oven until tooth pick comes out clean. About 20-25 minutes
Pumpkin Drop Cookies
½ c. butter –softened 6 c. flour
3 c. sugar 2 tsp baking soda
1 can (15oz) pumpkin 2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs ½ tsp salt
½ c. Milk 1 tsp ground all spice
½ tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, all spice, and cloves. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoons on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Store in the refrigerator
¾ c butter
3 ¾ c confectioners’ sugar
3 tbls. Milk
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp vanilla
Pumpkin Patch Loaf Cake
1 ½ c. sugar 1 tbs. baking soda Preheat Oven- 350
1 c. pumpkin ¼ tsp. salt Bake 70-80 minutes
½ c. canola oil ½ tsp. ground cloves
½ water ½ tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs ½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. baking power
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the first five ingredients. Mix well.
In a small mixing bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients. Combine the dry ingredients gradually to pumpkin mixture. Mix well.
Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 Loaf pan.
Check with a toothpick. Let cool and remove from the pan.
Pumpkin Loaf- Cream cheese filling
Preheat over: 350
1 c. canned pumpkin Filling:1 pgk. 8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 c. sugar 1 egg white
½ c. brown sugar 2 Tbsp. sugar
½ c. milk (I used skim)
¼ c. canola oil
2 cups flour
2 ½ tsp. baking power
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp. salt
Grease a non-stick 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Mix all ingredients on the right together. Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into the loaf pan.
Mix together the filling with a wire whisk. Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin in the loaf pan.
Pour the remaining pumpkin over the top.
Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.